The measure of cleaning behavior was subjected to a ______. Participants removed the crumbs substantially more often in the scent condition (M = 3.54) than in the control condition (M =1.09), t(20) = 2.37, p = .02, thus showing a direct link between scent perception and behavior.
1. What kind of study design is this (experimental or correlational)?
2. If experimental, what is the independent variable?
3. If experimental, what is the dependent variable?
4. What kind of statistical test did the author run, and how do you know the used this test?
5. What do you think the null and alternative hypotheses are in this study?