This week you take on the role of the Senior IT Project Manager for the organization you chose in Week 1. In this position, your responsibilities may include proficiently working with a variety of technologies, conducting meetings with stakeholders, creating and forecasting budgets, and designing project plans.
The CIO of your chosen organization wants the organization to purchase and integrate 6 new web servers. The CIO envisions more business travelers using the Internet to purchase airline tickets and reserve rental cars and hotel rooms for business trips. Expansion of your company’s web capacity is needed.
Research information about your chosen organization to complete this week’s assignment.
Create a 3- to 5-page request for proposal (RFP) in Microsoft Word for the CIO, which will minimize procurement-related risks for this project. Include the following components in the RFP:
- The purpose of the RFP
- The organization’s background as it applies to the use of the request for new web servers
- An analysis of procurement risks
- Methods for managing procurement risks
- Basic requirements for the current and new hardware and software
- Software and hardware environment
- A statement of work/requirements and schedule information
- The process for evaluating the RFP
Include APA-formatted citations to support your assignment.