You are assigned as the project manager for S-Com new project venture. They are a rapidly growing IT consulting company looking to expand globally. S-Com was awarded the project bid from Havana Music to develop a website to sell and stream music media products and services in all music genres globally. This site will be an all-inclusive point of purchase for the “musical environment.” Products and services will include broadcast rights, customized media equipment and intermedia transformation for music files, meeting planners, performers and concert promoters of Havana’s client base.
As project manager you will work with web developer Jenny Swan to develop the initial website platform that will provide links to target customers via social media. The website will also require backend connectivity to fulfillment systems whose interfaces will be supplied by the sponsor Jack Dole. You will have access to musicians, producers, and global marketers through the Marketing SME Kelly Watts. Kelly will also lend her guidance and expertise of online marketers, portals, and the evolving social media.
You have been informed that Havana Music has decided they would like to add a mobile app in addition to the website development. To keep from experiencing scope creep you will need to develop a change management plan to include this change and how you will handle future changes.
- Use Microsoft Excel to perform a SWOT Analysis of the change request to add a Mobile App to the project.
- Develop a Change Control Plan in Microsoft Word. This document should be 3-5 pages in length.
- The plan should include the following:
- How will you as the project manager handle change?
- How will this change affect the project?
- How will you control the changes to protect the project scope?
- What are the current risks associated with this change?
- How will you communicate change to the project stakeholders?
In Microsoft Project, develop the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to reflect the Mobile App Implementation.
- Create 4 main level task within the Project to reflect the change
- Create at least 5 sub-tasks
- Assign at least 4 resources for these tasks