We want to know what you think and how you’re doing! Let us know by responding to a few questions that will help you reflect on what you learned this week.
The following prompts will give you a chance to self-evaluate, to think about what you’ve been learning in this course, and to draw your own conclusions about how you can apply your self and social awareness skill and your communication skill in your life. Your answers may be used to determine how to improve the program for future students. Your answers will not be used for marketing purposes. Be sure to use your own words!
Throughout the first five weeks, you have been learning about and practicing your self and social awareness skill and your communication skill. Think about a career field in which you are interested in working. Then write 1–3 sentences for each of the following:
1. Describe a position within that field that you would like to obtain.
2. Discuss two ways your self and social awareness skill could help you obtain or be successful in the position.
3. Discuss two ways your communication skill could help you obtain or be successful in the position.
4. Identify one aspect of either your self and social awareness skill or your communication skill that you would like to improve to become even better equipped for success in your desired position.
5. Describe a strategy or find a resource that will help you make that improvement.
This week’s topic is competition—what competition is, how you can create opportunities for competition, and the benefits of competition to drive people to perform better than other team members and other teams/organizations. Competition is all around us and part of who we are as humans.
Please complete the following:
- Think of competitions you see daily and provide one example of a healthy competition and one example of an unhealthy competition.
- How does the healthy competition motivate people to perform better in the workplace?
- How could the unhealthy competition be altered to make it a healthy competition?