Option #1: Organization’s Inclusivity Statement Paper
Welcome to Module 5 Critical Thinking. Ensuring a diverse staff and board composition has as much to do with how an organization internally operates and communicates as it does with the way it attracts, recruits, and hires people. The strategies below outline a few things to consider when working to create and retain a diverse staff and board over the long-term. Once a diverse team and board are in place, there are myriad ways of celebrating and recognizing diversity on an ongoing basis.
Creating and publishing an inclusivity statement, and leveraging that statement during the recruitment process, is an excellent way to attract the caliber of talented people who believe in the same types of values the organization does. For your assignment, you are to create an ‘Inclusivity Statement’ for your organization. Your statement should include the following topics:
- Hiring and Recruitment
- Employee Representation
- External Relationships
- Organizational Leadership
- Your submission should be 4 pages in length (not including title or reference pages) and be formatted according to the CSU Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements (Links to an external site.).
- Be sure to discuss and reference concepts taken from the course reading material and relevant research.
- You must include a minimum of 6 credible, academic, or professional references beyond the text or other course materials (at least two scholarly/peer-reviewed from the CSU Global Library).
- You may wish to review the Template Paper (Links to an external site.) for help formatting your essay according to the requirements.
- If you need assistance with your writing style or you need writing tips or tutorials, visit the CSU Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Review the grading rubric to see how you will be graded for this assignment.