This week you were introduced to several decision-making tools in the course content. Using the Decision Matrix Analysis along with the Decision Matrix Analysis video, make the following decisions relative to the case study about Euro Disneyland (p. 262):
The first section of your paper should be an explanation of this process and how you decided on each of the factors in the matrix.
1. List all of the cultural challenges posed by Disney’s expansion into Europe. (Side of matrix.)
2. Next, list the variables that influenced these challenges. (Top of matrix.)
3. Decide on a score (1-5) for each of these challenges according to the relative importance of the factors. Multiply each of these scores by 2 to find the weighted scores for each option/factor combination.
Next, respond to the following questions in the rest of your :
1. Using Hofstede’s four cultural dimensions as a point of reference noted in the case, what are some of the main cultural differences between the United States and France?
2. In managing its Euro Disneyland operations, what are three mistakes that the company made? Explain your response with examples.
3. As a conclusion, reflect on your overall thoughts on this case.
should meet the following requirements:
- Be 6 pages in length, which does not include the title page, abstract, or required reference page, which is never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Use APA (7th ed) style guidelines.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least seven scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Please include in the answer Appendix ( Graph or table …)
Chapters 6 & 7 in International Management: Culture, Strategy, and Behavior
“In-Depth Integrative Case Study 2.1a: Euro Disneyland” (p. 262) in International Management: Culture, Strategy, and Behavior
Bucurean, M. (2018). The effects of moods and emotions on decision making process – A qualitative study. Annals of the University of Oradea: Economic Science, 28(1), 423-429.
Carataș M., Spătariu E., & Trandafir R. A. (2018). Organizational culture impact on strategic management. Ovidius University Annals: Economic Sciences Series, XVIII (2), 405-408.
Bacha, S., & Azouzi, M. (2019). How gender and emotions bias the credit decision-making in banking firms. Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance, 22, 183-191.
Kangas, M., Kaptein, M., Huhtala, M., Lämsä, A., Pihlajasaari, P., & Feldt, T. (2018). Why do managers leave their organization? Investigating the role of ethical organizational culture in managerial turnover. Journal of Business Ethics, 153(3), 707-723.
Najeemdeen, I., Abidemi, B., Rahmat, F., & Bulus, B. (2018). Perceived organizational culture and perceived organizational support on work engagement. Academic Journal of Economic Studies, 4(3), 199-208.
· Use a standard format for responses to all questions (i.e., an introduction, middle paragraphs, headline (and conclusion).
· Make sure to include all the key points within conclusion section, which is discussed in the assignment. Your way of conclusion should be logical, flows from the body of the paper, and reviews the major points.
· I would like to see more depth for the question
· Responses must be submitted as a MS Word Document only, typed double-spaced, using a standard font (i.e. Times New Roman) and 12 point type size.
· Plagiarism All work must be free of any form of plagiarism.
· Written answers into your own words. Do not simply cut and paste your answers from the Internet and do not copy your answers from the textbook