The Alamo Drafthouse case study
1. Marketing analysts use market position maps to display visually the customers’ perceptions of a firm in relation to its competitors regarding two attributes. Prepare a market position map for Alamo Draft house sing “food quality” and “movie selection as axes.
2. Use the “Strategic Service Vision” framework to describe Alamo Draft house in terms of target market segments, service concept, operating strategy, and service delivery system.
3. Identify the service qualifiers, winners, and service losers for Alamo Draft house. Are the Alamo purchase decision criteria appropriate for the multiplex movie theater market? What do you conclude?
4. Conduct a SWOT analysis to identify internal strengths and weaknesses as well as threats and opportunities in the external environment.
5. Use porters five force model to assess the strategic position of Alamo drafthouse in the entertainment industry.