For your Learning Journal entry this week, respond to the following prompt:
- Choose one of the murals by one of “the three greats”: Rivera, Orozco, or Siqueiros or one of the paintings by Kahlo and explain how it exemplifies nationalistic themes of the early 20th century. Use evidence to support your conclusion and include either an image of the work you have chosen or its full title and information.
You may also choose to jot down any thoughts or questions this unit inspired that you might want to revisit later for your final project. See the due date in the course schedule.
- Journal entries should average 250 words each (more is fine; it will be difficult to make substantive reflections in much less than this).
- Clearly label (number your journal entry)
- Your entries will be kept private and are meant to help you deepen your understanding of the course concepts and also help you generate ideas for your final project.
- Make sure to proofread and revise your posts. Even though these entries are personal, it is still expected that you produce college-level writing.
- Keep up with the due dates for each entry. You don’t want to fall behind.
- If you meet all of these criteria, producing a well-developed entry, you will receive a “complete” grade on this assignment.