Imagine you are planning a social studies activity for your early childhood students. Select the age group for the lesson: 0–4 months, 5–12 months, 2–4 years old, or 5–8 years old. As part of this activity, you will plan a field trip within the community or at your school or center that is best suited for the children. Once you have your activity planned, post your responses to the following:
• Select the age group for the lesson: 0–4 months, 5–12 months, 2–4 years old, or 5–8 years old.
• Describe the objectives and goals of the activity including what children would do for the activity.
• Explain how the fieldwork you have planned will be beneficial for students and for this lesson.
• Share why you think first hand experiences are essential.
• What would you do if a parent challenges your decision? What can you do to respect their beliefs?
• What are some policies and procedures that need to be followed when planning and having field trips?
• Use the Social Studies lesson plan template, complete the information using the activity you have mentioned above. Make sure to complete each component of the lesson plan.