This need to be dont in 3 hours!
SLO C & D
The U.S. Supreme Court delivered a 7-2 opinion in the case cited below regarding patent protection when shipping component overseas!
WesternGeco LLC v. ION Geophysical Corp.
Docket Number: 16-1011
Date Argued: 04/16/18
RESOURCES TO USE FOR THIS DISCUSSION BOARD:
If any of the following links do not work, copy and paste the URL into the address box to get to the site.
1. Here is an article about the WesternGeco LLC v. ION Geophysical Corp. case:
Industry Reaction to WesternGeco LLC v. ION GeoPhysical
2. Here is the link to the U.S. Supreme Court Opinion for theWesternGeco LLC v. ION Geophysical Corp. case:
3. Here is the link to listen to the oral argument for theWesternGeco LLC v. ION Geophysical Corp. case:
4. Here is the link to the written transcript of the oral argument for the WesternGeco LLC v. ION Geophysical Corp. case:
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO FOR DB7?
After working your way through the resources listed above (links provided), you need to answer the following questions. Use complete sentences and pay attention to spelling and grammar.
- What are the main facts of this case?
- What is the main issue of this case? What is the question that the U.S. Supreme Court needs to answer in this case?
- What is the U.S. Supreme Court’s answer to the question?
- Why did the U.S. Supreme Court answer the way it did? Explain in detail.
- Which three questions by any of the U.S. Supreme Court Justices caught your attention? Why? Be sure to name the Justices who asked the questions you select.
- How does this case relate to (connect to) the material in this course? Be specific. Include the chapter number(s) and topic(s) in your analysis.
- Do you agree with the court’s decision? Why or why not?
- How might this U.S. Supreme Court decision affect future patent infringement lawsuits?