“Unit 3: Contract Cases”
1. Find and read the following cases from the Research Toolbox from your left navigation bar
- City of Everett Washington v.Mitchell, 631 P.2d 366, Web 1981 Wash. Lexis 1139 Supreme Court of Washington.
- Welles v. Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences, Web 2004 U.S.Dist. Lexis (2004) United States District Court for the Central District of California.
- Mesaros v.United States, 845 F.2d 1576, Web 1988 U.S.App Lexis 6055, United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Check the Legal Cases tab if you have trouble findng the cases on the internet or ask our wonderful librarian to help you. See Discussion Board for how to communicate with her.
2. Answer the following questions:
- What theory does the court use to evaluate the contract?
- What is the objective theory of contracts?
- When will a court set aside a contract?
- Should an advertisement be treated as an offer rather than an invitation to make an offer? Why or why not?