The Implicit Association Test (IAT) is a popular and respected method for measuring implicit attitudes and beliefs. Take a test of your choosing, and respond to the following questions regarding your experience.
- Describe which test you took and your results.
- Discuss if your results surprise you. Why or why not?
- Interpret the results. Do you think they are valid for you personally?
- Reflect on the results of your test and your own implicit bias, briefly explain the causes of prejudicial attitudes and discriminatory behaviors you may have seen in others. Do you see similarities or difference between your bias and others potential bias.
- Consider the overall validity of the IAT. Do you think this test is a valid and reliable measure of implicit bias? Use scholarly research to back up your claims in this section.