You will write a thesis-centered essay of at least 500 words in response to this one question using excerpts from Ralph Waldo Emerson’s “Self-Reliance” and Oliver Burkeman’s “Happiness is a Glass Half Empty” to support your writing.
- Remember to:
- Develop a thesis that takes a clear stance or position.
- Organize your thoughts–an outline can help do this.
- Use MLA in-text citation to support your claim with quotes or paraphrases from BOTH the Emerson and the Burkeman readings. (You must use at least one cited idea from each reading).
- Also use your own observations, experiences, or other sources to develop your claims. Discuss how your citations and ideas are relevant to your thesis.
3. Should we worry about what others might say or how things might turn out when considering a course of action? Explain.
Please use citations from the texts
Include the following information at the beginning of your answer:
First and Last Name:
Class and Section #:
Set Letter (Set X, Y, or Z):
Question # (The question you have chosen to answer):