Write: In complete sentences and a minimum of 250 words, address the following:
- Assess your progress as an intentional learner by considering each metacognitive step: mulling, connecting, rehearsing, attending, expressing, assessing, reflecting, and revisiting.
- Which step do you use with ease? Describe how you use it.
- Which step is most challenging for you to use? Why?
- Which step do you skip over or ignore completely? Why?
- Imagine someone asks, “What kind of student are you?” How would you answer? What would they observe about your study techniques? Consider things such as the following: engagement with course resources (textbook, video, articles, Instructor Guidance, announcements), how often you log in to class, participation in discussion forums, approach to taking quizzes, etc.
- Now imagine that same person asks, “What kind of student would you like to be?” List three specific things you are doing to become the student you want to be.