Stakeholder Communication in Health Information Systems
Refer to the Vila Health scenarios that you have been using throughout this course. The intended audience for this analysis will be one of the stakeholder groups presented in the media simulation.
You have been asked to complete a stakeholder analysis as it relates to informing stakeholders about the process of how you came to your recommendations you previously made regarding the EHR or HIM system at Independence Medical Center. Another aspect of the analysis is to summarize the impact of your recommendations on stakeholder groups and develop strategies for overcoming barriers related to implementing your recommendations.
For this assessment, you will analyze the stakeholders that Vila Health Independence Medical Center must recognize as it adjusts to changes, upgrades, and implements your recommendations to the EHR or HIM systems. You will want to refer to the recommendations you made in the first assessment as well as any feedback that you received from your instructor.
For the deliverable, you will write a 3–5-page executive summary detailing your previous recommendations and your timeline for them. Additionally, you will analyze how your recommendations impact considerations such as resource allocation, training, and workflow changes as well as best practices for overcoming implementation barriers. Finally, you will complete the Stakeholder Matrix Template linked in the Resources, aligning critical success factors with the primary internal and external stakeholders. Include a value statement for each stakeholder. (A value statement meets the needs and values of each key decision maker. See example in the Stakeholder Matrix Template.)
For this assessment you will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Describe the relevant stakeholders related to an impact analysis.
- Explain the process used to arrive at recommendations related to a HIM system.
- Describe a timeline for implementing recommendations related to a HIM system.
- Analyze the impact and value of recommendations on relevant stakeholders and an organization with relation to considerations such as patient outcomes, new training, resource allocation, and workflow changes.
- Analyze best practices to overcome barriers in creating buy-in from stakeholders and implementation related to recommendations.
- Develop value statements for relevant stakeholder groups related to critical success factors and recommendations related to a HIM system.
- This criterion relates to the Stakeholder Matrix Template.
- Communicate analysis of stakeholders and value of recommendations in a manner that is clear and concise.
- Integrate relevant sources to support assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using current APA style.
Your analysis should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
- Number of resources: 3–5 peer-reviewed resources from scholarly journal articles.
- Length: 3–5 pages, double-spaced, excluding the title page and reference page. You do not need to write an abstract for this assessment.
- Appendix: Include Stakeholder Matrix Template as an appendix to your analysis.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Management and Employee Satisfaction
Use the Capella University Library and professional or academic resources on the Internet to research tactics and strategies for addressing low employee satisfaction.
Pretend you are a human resource manager in a health care organization and it has come to your attention from a variety of sources that morale and employee satisfaction are on the decline in one of your company’s organizational units. Employees have been working 50% longer shifts for several months to address an increase in patient demand and you suspect it is beginning to take its toll. You are considering the issue and how to address it.
Complete the following two parts of this assignment based upon your research and understanding of methods of addressing the scenario described above.
Part 1: Suggest and support three ways you would determine the nature and extent of the problem and its source. What indicators would you examine?
Part 2: It has been determined that the dip in employee satisfaction is indeed due to long hours, uneven scheduling practices, and no clear end in sight. Complete the following:
- Recommend a plan to address the issue (based upon your stated assumptions regarding the specific nature of the problem) that includes:
- Short-term tactics to address the acute aspects of the problem.
- Long-term strategy to permanently address the problem.
- Discuss the role of stakeholders in determining the nature of the issue and developing a plan for its resolution.
- Explain which core human resource function is the most critical to the success of your plan.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA style and formatting standards.
- Number of resources: Include a minimum of five resources.
- Page length: 5–7 pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.